March 16-17, 2020
Davis Auditorium, CEPSR
Center for Neural Engineering and Computation
Columbia University, New York, NY 10027
The goal of the workshop is to bring together researchers interested in developing executable models of neural computation/processing of the brain of model organisms. Of interest are models of computation that consist of elementary units of processing using brain circuits and memory elements. Elementary units of computation/processing include population encoding/decoding circuits with biophysically-grounded neuron models, non-linear dendritic processors for motion detection/direction selectivity, spike processing and pattern recognition neural circuits, movement control and decision-making circuits, etc. Memory units include models of spatio-temporal memory circuits, circuit models for memory access and storage, etc. A major aim of the workshop is to explore the integration of various sensory and control circuits in higher brain centers.
A Fruit Fly Brain Hackathon is being conducted in conjunction with the workshop.
Organizer and Program Chair
Aurel A. Lazar, Department of Electrical Engineering, Columbia University
Registration is free but all participants have to register. Thank you!
Confirmed Invited Speakers
- Sophie Caron, Department of Biology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.
- Dmitri ‘Mitya’ Chklovskii, Flatiron Institute, Simons Foundation.
- Ronald L. Davis, Scripps Research Florida, Jupiter, FL.
- Monica Dus, Dept. of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Nathan Gouwens, Allen Institute of Brain Science, Seattle, WA.
- Ilona Grunwald Kadow, School of Life Sciences, Technical University of Munich.
- Frank Hirth, Basic and Clinical Neuroscience, King's College, London.
- Viren Jain, Google AI, Mountain View, CA.
- Vivek Jayaraman, HHMI Janelia Research Campus, Ashburn, VA.
- Mikko Juusola, Centre for Cognition in Small Brains, The University of Sheffield.
- Gaby Maimon, Laboratory of Integrative Brain Function, The Rockefeller University.
- Alexey A. Polilov, Department of Entomology, Faculty of Biology, Lomonosov Moscow State University.
- Michael B. Reiser, Janelia Research Campus, Ashburn, VA.
- H. Sebastian Seung, Princeton Neuroscience Institute and Computer Science Department, Princeton University.
- Charles F. Stevens, Salk Institute, La Jolla, CA.
- John Tuthill, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Washington, Seattle.
- Emre Yaksi, Kavli Institute for Systems Neuroscience, NTNU, Trondheim, Norway.