March 21-22, 2019
Davis Auditorium, CEPSR
Center for Neural Engineering and Computation
Columbia University, New York, NY 10027
The goal of the workshop is to bring together researchers interested in developing executable models of neural computation/processing of the brain of model organisms. Of interest are models of computation that consist of elementary units of processing using brain circuits and memory elements. Elementary units of computation/processing include population encoding/decoding circuits with biophysically-grounded neuron models, non-linear dendritic processors for motion detection/direction selectivity, spike processing and pattern recognition neural circuits, movement control and decision-making circuits, etc. Memory units include models of spatio-temporal memory circuits, circuit models for memory access and storage, etc. A major aim of the workshop is to explore the integration of various sensory and control circuits in higher brain centers.
A Fruit Fly Brain Hackathon is being conducted in conjunction with the workshop.
Organizer and Program Chair
Aurel A. Lazar, Department of Electrical Engineering, Columbia University
Registration is free but all participants have to register. Thank you!
The 2019 Columbia Workshop on Brain Circuits, Memory and Computation is supported by the
- Department of Electrical Engineering, Columbia University
- Center for Computing Systems for Data-Driven Science, Data Science Institute, Columbia University
- School of Engineering and Applied Science, Columbia University
Confirmed Invited Speakers
- Anton Arkhipov, Allen Institute of Brain Science.
- Richard Benton, Center for Integrative Genomics, University of Lausanne.
- Benjamin L. de Bivort, Department of Organismic and Evolutionary Biology, Harvard University.
- Kristin Branson, Janelia Research Campus, Ashburn, VA.
- Gwyneth Card, Janelia Research Campus, Ashburn, VA.
- Kevin M. Franks, Department of Neurobiology, Duke University.
- Paul A. Garrity, Department of Biology, Brandeis University.
- Stephen F. Goodwin, Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics, University of Oxford.
- Tim Jarsky, Allen Institute of Brain Science.
- Karla Kaun, Department of Neuroscience, Brown University.
- Gero A. Miesenboeck, Centre for Neural Circuits and Behaviour, University of Oxford.
- Venkatesh N. Murthy, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University.
- Stephan Saalfeld, Janelia Research Campus, Ashburn, VA.
- Louis Scheffer, Janelia Research Campus, Ashburn, VA.
- Srinivas C. Turaga, Janelia Research Campus, Ashburn, VA.